Photobucket

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Domino Effect

I've recently taken up some coaching assignments at Kallang that end at 1830hrs. This means cycling home during peak hour. Bumped into an uncle riding a Harris full-sus bike this evening along Kallang MRT stretch of road. Was stuck behind a car and wanted to get to the front of the long queue by squeezing in the gap between pavement and the cars. Didnt check my blind spot as I was moving off and bumped into the uncle. Lucky my reaction fast and I quickly apologized and gave a wave. So not much happened, the uncle gave an angry look and nodded his head.
But this was just the beginning. I started thinking of this incident as I was pedalling and forgot to signal my right turn while in Sims Drive. Lucky I stopped day dreaming in time and noticed there was a van behind me and a motorcycle on the opposite side trying to make a turn too.

Well, from then on I more or less focused on my riding till I got home. There was this nice indian man riding at abt 15km/h on his bike infront of me along Upp Aljunied, I didnt overtake since got too many cars. So I slowly pedalled behind him. At a red light, he stopped to the side and let me go in front! Nice guy.

Today's events remind me that I really need to be focused on the road. Riding through traffic is not the time to have my mind wandering.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails